Author Topic: Steve Sedgall's Farmboy (not quite finished yet)  (Read 3703 times)

ahowell

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Steve Sedgall's Farmboy (not quite finished yet)
« on: April 21, 2011, 08:26:22 PM »
Here's an e-mail and photos I received from Steve on April 20, 2011

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi,
     I thought I would share with 2 pictures of my Farm Boy which I have just finished. It has run for about 10 minutes and now it s going to stripped and painted. I am very pleased with the results and it was a joy to work with such detailed and accurate drawings. I am looking forward to deciding on  my next Jerry Howell project.

Kind Regards

Steve Sedgall
UK

toolmaker

• View Profile
Re: Steve Sedgall's Farmboy (not quite finished yet)
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2011, 06:40:53 PM »
steve looks real nice,i am in the process of putting mine together. did you use the spark saver on yours?what are you using for fuel?i assume that on the crank bushing that the flange goes on the inside correct?thanks for the pics i will post mine when done. i have also build jerrys powerhouse and it was easy to build and runs real good. thanks toolmaker

ahowell

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2011, 04:34:03 PM »
Here's another e-mail from Steve:
--------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Allen,
                Here is a link to a video of the first time my engine ran.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YV9yEF8nq2g
 I have tried to register to the forum so I could answer a question but it seems registration has been disabled. Can you let me know when this has been enabled so I can post more pictures of the finished engine. I am making a trolley for it to sit on and also trying to decide what colour to paint it.

Kind Regards

Steve....

Steve Sedgall
Toolmaker ER

--------------------------------------------------------------

And my reply:

Hello Steve,

Thanks for the link!

Yes - I disabled self-registration because I was getting TONS of spam users and messages.  Just send me what you want for a user name and password and I can set you up.

Thx...

Allen

Steve Styx

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2011, 01:49:45 AM »
I didn't use the spark saver and I ran the engine on Coleman Fuel. I put flanges of the bearing on the inside but made them from Oilite.
Good luck with your build.
Steve....