Author Topic: Photos from Mid-East Ohio Model Engine Expo 2010  (Read 2636 times)

ahowell

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Photos from Mid-East Ohio Model Engine Expo 2010
« on: October 27, 2010, 04:59:36 PM »
This show was in Zanesville, Ohio on Oct 23, 2010.  This was their third year.  Relatively small, but growing.  My first show, and we really enjoyed it.

Photo 2 is a side-shot of our booth.  Sitting there is my wife Carmen.  She was glad there was a small farmer's market and craft show next door!
Photo 6 is Jim with Serial# 003 of Farmboy.  He also built a Miser.  A real nice guy.  (Thanks Jim for the hand warmers!)
Photo 7 is another fellow who built Farmboy
Photo 8 is Jeff Conner's "Bill" engine.  Very nice display.  

Early in the afternoon, a group of fellows mounted a small airplane engine to a vacant table next to our booth.  They fired it up and the thrust from the propeller was SUPER windy, and started blowing our plans and cards all over the floor.   Amongst the roar of the engine, I stood up and told them they were blowing me away.  They stopped the engine, and the main guy apologized and said he didn't realize he was blowing stuff off my tables.  He just wasn't thinking, and he even said so.  He later introduced himself - his name was Ron Colona and he gave me a set of plans for his engine as a peace offering!  I told him it was no big deal, and even laughed about it  :D.  Ironically, I e-mailed Ron last spring because I saw a model of a Whizzer he built on some web site, and we exchanged e-mails a couple times.  He knew Dad and also, as just about most of the guys there did.

Again, we really enjoyed this show, and are looking forward to Cabin Fever in Jan.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2010, 05:01:25 PM by ahowell »

Engine Maker

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Photos from Mid-East Ohio Model Engine Expo 2010
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2010, 08:05:56 PM »
This is Jim from picture # 6. Everyone helps everyone at these shows, Just glad I could contribute. See you at Cabin Fever.