Author Topic: powerhouse engine  (Read 3825 times)

toolmaker

• View Profile
powerhouse engine
« on: September 04, 2010, 08:01:06 PM »
just wondering if anyone has a video of there powerhouse running. i have posted a couple of questions with no answers, over the last couple of months.i had my running for a short time now i can not get it to run. i see there are pics. on here so i am assuming that the builders got them running and are not just for looks.i would like to know if you see your intake valve moving, and some ideas as to what to where to set the needle valve and air intake on the throttle body , to start with.when i had it running it  it sooted  up the plug and exhaust valve i pulled the head and cleaned it all up but now i can not get it to run, any help would be appreciated thank toolmaker

ahowell

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: powerhouse engine
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2010, 08:48:33 PM »
Hello toolmaker,

Sorry nobody has been answering your questions.  I am somewhat disappointed that few people answer and participate in the forum, but am grateful to those that do.  So we keep plugging away.

I did a Google search on "powerhouse engine" and found a couple of sites where some other builders have or are building the Powerhouse engine.  See these links:

http://www.smokstak.com/forum/showthread.php?t=70288

http://www.chaski.org/homemachinist/index.php

I suggest you join these forums and post your questions here also.  Surely someone out there knows the answers to your questions!

Good luck,

Allen
« Last Edit: September 07, 2010, 09:00:39 PM by ahowell »

toolmaker

• View Profile
Re: powerhouse engine
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2010, 10:16:33 PM »
thanks allen. i got it running needed  some help to get it timed, and to get the fuel mix right . sheared off a roll pin from the compression but got it fixed and running again