Author Topic: Earth Day at IU East featuring Superfan & Misers  (Read 4305 times)

ahowell

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Earth Day at IU East featuring Superfan & Misers
« on: April 28, 2010, 09:04:41 PM »
My son Mark has been working on a 1.5x size Superfan project for the past year at the local university.  He was asked to participate in the "Earth Day" activities on campus a couple of weeks ago to demonstrate alternate forms of solar energy.  The idea is to power the fan by using a large magnifying glass, thus of transforming solar energy to mechanical energy (they did this outside - not in photos).  Also in the photos are Dad's original Superfan, Miser, and mini-Miser.

Here's a youtube video of the project:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYoek4WcFVg
« Last Edit: May 04, 2010, 03:36:01 PM by ahowell »

aermotor8

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Earth Day at IU East featuring Superfan & Misers
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2010, 07:41:47 PM »
i is nice to see the younger generation carrying on with this hobby stuff, i never met jerry howell  but i'm sure he would be very proud of young mark.
WAY TO GO MARK
chuck

ahowell

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Earth Day at IU East featuring Superfan & Misers
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2010, 05:43:46 AM »
Chuck,

Thanks for the kind words!  His mother and I are proud of him, and glad that he has taken an interest in his grandpa's hobby.  He was hoping for some assistance from him to complete the project, but unfortunately that prospect was cut very short, thus a big factor in not quite completing the project on time.

Regardless, it was a good project and school experience.  He'll just have to complete the fan some day on his own time.

Regards,

Allen