Author Topic: E-mail from Ron Colonna  (Read 2687 times)

ahowell

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
E-mail from Ron Colonna
« on: April 18, 2010, 07:15:44 AM »
Here's an e-mail I received from Ron Colonna on Apr 6, 2010, a fellow builder and friend of Jerry:

------------------

Allen: Your Dad and I always got together at the shows he attended in Ohio and Michigan. We didn't get to talk enough since we would both be busy displaying our engines to the crowds. Jerry was extremely talented and his workmanship was always the best. I always marveled at how well all his engines ran, and he would run them continuously without a hitch. Your dad always had something new for sale too. He was a great source for hard to find items. i bought most of the bearings I used in my Offy engine from him and list him as a source for those bearings in my book on building that engine. We all miss Jerry very much. There just isn't enough good people like him around and it's really tough when we lose one of the "Family." Thanks for the comments on the Whizzer bike. It has been featured as a centerfold article in Model Engine Builder and will be the featured model and on the buttons handed out at this month's NAMES show in Michigan. I also won the Sherline contest with it the year it was built. It was a fun model to build and inspired me to purchase one of the reproduction Pacemaker bikes after I built it. Best of luck in the future. Ron Colonna

-----------------------

Visit Ron's site at http://www.ronsmodelengines.com/